Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blood Donors

Today is special because today is my first time become blood donors.

I should have taken some picture when the blood flowing from my hand to the blood bag.
Anyway, I forget because I'm just to excited.

Let just start the procedure before they taking my blood.
First we have to fill the registration form with some detail like name, address, weight, and some medical history question.
Then the officer calling our name as we collect the form, it take some time to get our name called.
When my name was called, I get in the room and met the doctors. The first doctor take my blood for blood sample and test the blood type. She take a needle and sting my middle finger, I'm a bit shock because it sting so hard and fast.
the second doctor is testing my blood pressure, she said it's normal and I can became the donors.

After got permission I have to wait for the other to finish the before they take my blood.
When my turn came, I step in, lay back and the nurse start with strap my sleeve then get the big needle and when the needle injected to the artery it feels like the needle injected to the artery. They start flowing my blood to the blood bag, around 250 cc.

after that I get up and get out the room to another room and get my donors card and some snacks.

Leo Haryanto

No comments: